Thursday, March 26, 2009

I THINK WE MADE IT!!!

Ron and Andrea (my brother) and their family!
My cousin, Gordon and his family!


Lisa and 3 of her 4 girls and Matt, Aubrey's boyfriend

One of my favorite cousins, Gina (Gordon is her brother) and me!
Gina's boy received a mission call to the Peru Lima Mission and enters the MTC in May




My Mom and Dad and my all-time favorite Uncle and Aunt!!! (Gina and Gordon's parents)

It was a very fun and exciting day!!! We had almost 200 people come over to the house, with the last group arriving at 8:20 p.m, and the last person leaving at 8:55 p.m. Thank you all for coming and supporting Robby!!!! A big thank you to Andrea for not only overseeing the kitchen and food while we visited and showed the house to everyone, but for making at least 15 doz. plus cookies! They were great and everyone enjoyed! Thanks to Lisa Jackson for bringing the vegetable trays that served the almost 200 people! I can't believe all the hard work and efforts of Andrea and Lisa. Thank you so very much! My only regret is that I didn't take any pictures of the rest of our guests...especially, my friend from the 1st grade (Monica) and her husband to Robin, who we have been friends for almost 30 years to my newest friends (Wenda, Jennifer Shellee, Ceceila, Christine, Marianne, etc.)! Could you all come back so that we can take pictures! I can't believe I forgot to take pictures! Thank you for your support and contributions.

THE NOOK AREA~





LOOKING FROM THE BACK OF THE "GREAT ROOM!"







OUR NEW TILE! I LOVE IT! I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH IT!







LOOKING FROM THE FRONT OF THE "GREAT ROOM"







CAN YOU SEE THE PAINT! I DON'T THINK SO...BUT IT IS GREAT. IT'S CALLED WATER CHESTNUT! I LOVE IT!


Okay...I forgot and did it wrong. I wanted the pictures of the house first and then the family pictures - oh well...
SO AFTER 4 WEEKS OF HARD LABOR, SICKNESS AND LONG HOURS...I THINK WE MADE IT! THANK YOU, DANNY, WHO PUT IN SEVERAL LONG HOURS AND THRU SICKNESS, BRUCE, WHO GOT TO WORK AT 4 A.M. SO THAT HE COULD TAKE OFF AT 11 A.M. TO HELP DANNY PAINT AND TO ROBBY, WHO HAD NOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT HELP DANNY, I THINK WE DID IT!!!!!

I KNOW I AM LATE IN POSTING THESE PICTURES (MOST OF YOU SAW THE ALMOST COMPLETED PROJECT - STILL HAVE WORK TO DO), BUT I JUST WANTED TO THANK "MY BOYS" FOR WORKING HARD. DANNY STARTED PAINTING THE WALLS AND I FELT THEY WERE TOO DARK. HE DIDN'T COMPLAIN THAT IT WOULD DELAY, HE JUST SAID YOU HAVE A COUPLE OF HOURS TO DECIDE! BRUCE CAME HOME AND WE DECIDED IT WAS TOO DARK. THE NEXT DAY, AFTER 2 COATS OF PRIMER...WE HAVE THESE WALLS AND I LOVE THEM. EVERYDAY I WOULD COME HOME FROM WORK AND TELL DANNY HOW "CALMING IT FELT IN HERE." DANNY'S RESPONSE WAS, "I WISHED I FELT CALM." DANNY DID A GREAT JOB AND IT WAS A GREAT FAREWELL PARTY!

THANKS TO RACHEL FOR COMING SATURDAY AND HELPING ME CLEAN!!!!! MAN RACHIES WORKED HARD! TRAVIS...HE HAD TO TAKE A TEST AND CAME LATER (EARLY EVENING OR LATE AFTERNOON) WITH ENERGY, THAT IT ENERGIZED US AGAIN. HE GOT THE CHAIRS FROM THE GRAVES WITH ROBBY, CLEANED THE CHAIRS AND WASHED THE WINDOWS FROM THE OUTSIDE! THANKS! AT 7:30 PM., WE WERE EXHAUSTED. BRUCE HAD MADE DINNER AND OUR HOME LOOKED LIKE WE WOULD BE UP ALL NIGHT! I ALWAYS SAID WE'D BE DONE BY 11:55 P.M. AT 11:40 P.M., WE WERE COMPLETELY DONE! THE 5 OF US TALKED FOR AN HOUR WHEN BRUCE SAID HE NEEDED TO GET TO BED AND THEN THE 4 OF US STAYED UP AND TALKED UNTIL ABOUT 2 P.M, MOSTLY WATCHING ROBBY PACE AROUND! PRETTY FUNNY!!!








3 comments:

Aimee Wilson said...

Wow Diane, the house looks awesome! I'm so sorry we didn't make it over:( I felt really bad. I hope that maybe you, shellee and I can all go to lunch soon??

Unknown said...

:) This post was so funny! I love it! You're hilarious! Anyway, I still can't believe we got it done it time!
I was going to call you tongight to see if you made it home safe, liked the couches, and knew what you were going to do with them until the "great room" is done. But knowing that you go to bed ALOT earlier than 11:10pm, I'll call you tomorrow and let you sleep! I love you mom! Thats for renting a Uhaul, driving all the way to Ogden, and bringing all the stuff I forgot at your house with you, yesterday! You and dad will always be known for giving 100% of yourself and your time! I love you both so much! And Robby too! Gotta love that Robz!

Shellee said...

The house looks great. And I'm not suprised you guys had so many people come to the open house. You're such nice, genuine, fun people.

Robby was cute to tell me thanks for coming to support him. You've done such a good job with your kids.

Lets get together, and order some take out, and have a girls night in your new place when you're all done.