Sunday, April 11, 2010

Around the Clock Bridal Shower

Megan & Chloe (Brittany's sister), Jennifer, Emily & Aubrey (Brittany's sisters), me, Brittany and Lisa (Brittany's mom)Barbara (Shawn's mom) Brittany, and Lisa (Brittany's mom)Brittany and Shawn. I think Shawn was happy to help Brittany open gifts. Aubrey made this wood piece - spelling out Family. It is VERY cute!Brittany and Shawn made the white chocolates. Half of these are of the Logan Temple where Shawn proposed. The other half are of the Salt Lake Temple where they will be married at. The pink are flowers. Brittany's favorite color has always and will always be PINK! Gotta love it!I had 3 p.m. I chose "Afternoon Delight!" Brittany was embarassed - Shawn loved it! Rachel said, "It wouldn't have matter what time my mom would have had, she would have gotten this gift in anyway." I think Rachel is very smart! It is SO true! We had a lot of fun!Brittany's sisters and her mom and I gave Brittany a shower. Jennifer, my niece, helped by getting my house together while I was at work. The theme we chose was "Around the Clock." On the invitations, everyone was assigned to buy a gift for their assigned time. It was a lot of fun. I think Brittany and Shawn really loved it. Shawn was a sport to join us. Brittany is the last of the Jackson girls to get married and so I think I am done giving bridal showers! I had a lot of fun doing it with the family. Megan's we had the guests make a Scrapbook page. Both Emily and Aubrey wanted the Alphabet Shower and Brittany liked the idea of "Around the Clock." I taped under the chairs a watchband with a watch face to go with the theme as the grand prize. 2nd place was just a watch band and third place was a bracelet. Friday night Shawn said it was fair for those that sat on the couch so I had two more bracelets and taped them on one of the two couch cushions! We served 5 different salads and had Pink, Purple, and Green Flowered cookies for dessert (Brittany's bridal colors). Thank you for everyone's help! It truly was a lot of fun!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're right, I'm smart. jk! It was a fun time! Please email me those pictures!! Can't believe I forgot to bring my camera!
Congrats to Brittany! Not only will Shawn and Brittany get a long well and be a good couple... but they LOOK like the perfect couple! Don't you think they look a like!? I do! :)

Diane said...

Yes, they do! And...I like how they were friends first! And yes you are very smart and observant (wink wink - lol)