Saturday, August 29, 2009

Manti Trip

At the summit - Mt. Nebo Loop
Cows at Mt Nebo - not deer crossing signs but cow crossing signs!

Me at Mt. Nebo


Scenic Site



PALISADE LAKE IN MANTI, UTAH




YES...THE MANTI TEMPLE





FLOWERS AND BALLOONS FOR RENATE - WISH YOU WERE WITH US!






DIANE AND BRUCE








On Renate's birthday and the day Renate passed away, I always take off work to take my parents on a day trip I hopes to brighten their day a bit (how is that possible?) This year, Bruce took off work too and my parents wanted to go to Manti! So after visiting Renate's gravesite, off to Manti we went. What a beautiful drive. We thoroughly loved it. We got to Palisade Lake and ate lunch and enjoyed being outdoors and everything. It is a beautiful place and we will be going back next year to camp. There are some cabins to rent and so I think I talked my parents into coming and camping with us! YES...camping to them is the Marriott and so this is so exciting for us! Now...if we can get my brother (his family likes to camp) to come, we can make it a Family Camping Trip! Probably will be the first and last time! But we would have done it!
On our drive home, we drove the Mt. Nebo Loop (Nephi thru Payson). What a beautiful drive and saw such beautiful scenery! On this route there aren't deer crossing signs, but cow crossing signs! We saw at least 100 cows - got us hungry for a steak dinner! :) When we got to the summit and looked around, it was so beautiful and majestic! I understood the clip in The Sound of Music where Marie was running thru the hills singing! I actually wanted to do the same and take it all in! Heavenly Father has truly blessed us with a beautiful world. Utah has so many beautiful and different scenery and sites to see! It was a wonderful day...
On our way home, we did stop in Sizzler's to have a steak dinner! Sorry cows at Mt. Nebo or wherever!







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love this post!! For many reasons. Once again, you have this wonderful ability to remember and then do something for those in need. I love and need your example. Also you were funny too! I love that you apologized to the cows!! Haha! That's how I felt when I realized the cows I had seen each week at Travis's parent's were now cooked and sitting on my PLATE! For a moment I wondered "is it right that I'm eating this?" A little weird at first! :D

Diane said...

LOL I think it it is okay, Rachel... I guess we'll find out one day!

Shellee said...

Great post. I love that you take the day to do that. I think its so overwhelming sometimes, to think about not having them around, that you end up not doing anything to remember them. You're a great daughter/sister/friend. Except to cows.