Tuesday, July 13, 2010

How I Spent My 2nd Day of Vacation!

Carmen outside of Heart Beads! Gotta love that store~
Carmen and the volunteer at the Cancer Center! Very nice lady
Carmen and my mom as we are shopping. Later asked if I took their picture. They think I am crazy :)
Carmen and I entering our next shopping spot!
My mom, Carmen and I after I bought my new bathroom attire! Kohls at the Brickyard had some great bathroom stuff as well as picture frames!

This morning my sister, Carmen, came to pick me up to first go to Heart Beads, where she bought some beads to make her friend a watch bracelet. I know, after 6 months, she finally caved in and is now going to make her first watch bracelet! :) After a quick stop and let me tell you it was a quick stop - quickest I have ever encountered, we drove over to the Cancer Center, where she had an appointment to learn how to apply make up, different ways to tie the scarves and find out additional information about the wigs. Did you know you can trade in your wig for a different one if you don't like it or get tired of it? Also, you can check out scarves and hats without cost. They are so kind to our cancer people. We waited and we were the only ones attending. The volunteer said it would be more beneficial and fun if there were more people and after watching the DVD, we understood that too. It is like therapy, you can talk among each other, feed off of each other and talk and help. So Carmen decided to wait another month and attend one at the Huntsman Center at the University of Utah. Carmen felt good about this decision, as did I. I hope Carmen will let me go with her next month!
Also today, six months ago, my Dad passed away. We drove to my mom's where we had lunch and took my mom shopping until she dropped! Carmen and I could have gone on, but mom was dropping! I did, however, find new bathroom attire for our basement bathroom. Now that Jennifer has moved out with her cousin, we have changed the bathroom colors from bright pink, orange, green blue and yellow to more neutral colors! I think Robby will like this. We returned home to our mom's house and had a fun visit reminising. This was another great, fun and exciting Vacation Day! Tune in tomorrow for Day 3! Good night!

No comments: