Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 5 of My Summer Vacation

At the range
Rachel & I husking corn
Grandpa Jackson and Danny in the back
Rachel - can you see the sparks?
Bruce, Danny, Grandpa, me, Susan, Rachel & Travis
Danny wondering where his ball went
Susan, Bruce's sister
Travis - look at his shot!
Bruce...
And then there's me!
oops...this is Ice Cream Saturday night
Dutch Oven cooking - gotta love it
Don't the ribs look good! (lol)
Bruce getting the coals ready for the Dutch Oven
This is my purple building! (lol) Never saw this before! Saw this on the way to Midway
My mom, Carmen and me. Kristina in orange and Kimberly (Carmen's 2 daughters)
Dan, Kenneth & his wife, Mark and Kristina - Carmen's children. Kimberly left before this picture
My mom, Carmen and me. Kimberly shaved Carmen's hair this morning
Dan, Kenneth & his wife, Emily, Mark and Kristina - Kimberly missing. All of Carmen's children
The watch bracelet I made while talking to Carmen
Friday morning, while talking to Carmen, wishing good luck on her 2nd Chemo Treatment, I made my 4th watch bracelet! Fifteen minutes! See what you can do while talking on the phone (lol) At 10:00 a.m., I picked up my mom and we spent an hour or so with Carmen at IMC. Carmen's children all came and it was fun visiting with Carmen's family.
In the afternoon, Bruce packed up the car and we drove to the cabin in Midway, where we had a lot of fun Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Bruce and I made our Dutch Oven Dinner of Spareribs, Cheesy Potatoes and Peach Cobbler. Yummy. Susan, Bruce's sister, Danny and Grandpa Jackson joined us for dinner as well as Rachel and Travis. After dinner we went to the driving range and had a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Blake and Kathryn said...

What a fun vacation you had! I gotta say, I LOVE how you make your watch bracelets...every single one is super cute! And I heard all about your trip to the cabin! How fun!! :o)

Shellee said...

Looks like a great ime together- minus the chemo! I'm praying for your sister. Its really fun to see all that you do together as a family. And how close you remain to your kids!